The Sun will be in Scorpio on Friday which may have you experience some playful, creative, imaginative, dreamy energy. How fun is that?! This is the time to take breaks and activate new relationships within yourself and with other sisters. A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a desk that is high enough for me to stand and do work. Inspiration is being channeled through me and the energy desired to actively move. My body refused to sit in a chair for more than 15 minutes due to the intensity of my creative Shakti so I’ve been doing my work standing. When my body desires to sit, I ask her if what she needs is really a break. Most of the time she just wants a fun break.
The best way to harness creative life force so that it feels magically productive is to take intentional breaks. ~tweetable
Let’s make a pact. I’ll share my break tips if you share yours. Promise to share yours on the Wild, Free & Calm Blog? Okay. Here are the things I do when I need a break. I probably go through each at least once per day.
- Shake Those Hips - I stop what I am doing and move my hips based on how I feel. That can be sultry hip shaking, wild grounding hip shaking, high on life jumping and hip shaking, or corny hip jiving.
- Stop & Drop - I lay on my sheepskin rug and dream, relax, and settle into stillness.
- Out We Go - I take my puppy for a walk, breathe the crisp Autumn air, and connect with Mother Earth and her animals.
- Pull a Card - I sit in front of my Tarot and Oracle cards and ask if any of them feel called to play with me.
- Light a Candle - In honor of Grandfather Fire, I light a candle calling in inspiration and intentional action with a dash of wildness.
- Smudge - I cleanse and clear my space and myself.
- Essential Oil Play - I open my box of DoTerra Essential Oils and anoint myself, create a fun witchy capsule that I digest, spray some around the room, or add a magical mixture into my diffuser.
- Plant Medicine - I move around my house speaking to my flowers and plants. I give them reiki, water, and kind words.
- Color Outside the Lines - I have several coloring books I play with. I love to be perfect so I give myself the permission to color freely and outside the lines.
- Song Message - I open Spotify and ask the Music Gods to send me a message through song. I then randomly hit play and listen to the message.
- Hold a Gem - I LOVE crystals. They LOVE me. So we take time to connect. It’s quite a special relationship.
- Drum - I practice drumming as a reminder of my connection to the divine feminine and the ancient history of circling.
- Hold Circle - I sit with sisters and my spiritual team in circle. I invite you to take a break and circle with me this coming Tuesday in honor of the Full Moon.